This contains a list of notable characters in the world of Chronicles both past and present. These are the individuals who have shaped the history of Indagar as well as those who continue to shape it.
- Tsoni Niko (148 BF - 92 BF) - Tsoni Niko is the heroine of the old Republic, having been the credited mastermind behind the overthrow of The Minsheng Empire, freeing the colony from their grasp. A powerful and enigmatic magic user, her story of vengeance against the Empire resonates today among the Lanagaran Scions, and she remains a fixture in their culture.
Kingdom of Arkland
- Alexis Duclos (??? AF - 847 AF) - First Light of Arkland and first known Arklander to manifest magic ability in the form of Light Magic. Hailed as the first Priest of Light, Alexis was later found by his protege, Prime Disciple Sebastian Aveline to be poisoned by the Trickster and assumed killed in a great battle at the monastery in Felderelle in 847 AF.
- Prime Disciple Sebastian Aveline (821 AF - 927 AF) The Second Light of Arkland, called the Prime Disciple of Alexis Duclos by his followers, and credited with the founding of the Priests of Light. Sebastian was a powerful user of Light Magic and first servant of the Goddess, bringing the light to Arkland.
- Derrick von Castille - (140 BF - 72 BF) - Legendary Lord Commander who saved Arkland during the Second War of the Stars. Told in the Legend of Dread Winter.
- Aldric Durant (961 AF - Present)- Aldric Durant is the Royal Armorer of Arkland, responsible for overseeing the distribution of the famed swords of the Kingdom of Arkland to its military, and for maintaining the exacting standards for the blades. Originally a knight of Arkland, Durant received his position by royal appointment after a battle in which a flawed sword failed him and led to injuries that ended his time as a warrior. He now polices the Armory for partisan influence on behalf of Arkland's nobles, ensuring that the primary loyalty and duty of all who work there is to Arkland's king.
- Matthias Gardet (944 AF - Present) - Current Light of Arkland. Matthias rose to power within the established Priests of Light and became the hand picked successor of the Third Light of Arkland to lead the priesthood during current times.
- Mathias Dufresne a.k.a. The Bright Lord (967 AF - Present) - Lord Commander of the King's Honor, a banner of a noble in the Barony of the Brandoux, Mathias Dufresne rose to legend during a daring escape from Konagara during the night of the Cataclsym.
- Ariane Allamond a.k.a. Our Lady of the Flame (974 AF - Present) - A Paladin of the Priests of Light, Ariane is the current, undefeated, champion of Arkland with a seemingly unstoppable control of Light Magic.
- Fabian Paquin a.k.a. The Unbreakable - (958 AF - Present) - Sergeant in the King's Honor and serving Mathias Dufresne, Fabian is a hardened veteran and renowned for his grit and resolve. He rose from a local hero to an legend of Indagar during the flight from the Cataclysm.
- Grand Artificer Martus (961 AF - Present)- Martus, son of Marcel, is the Grand Artificer of Konagara and also for the Lanagaran Scions after the Cataclysm. He is an inventor, engineer, physicist, and chemist; and also hailed as the smartest man in the world. Martus is renowned for his achievements of inventing over a hundred technological advancements before he reached the age of 50. His inventions have earned him an immense amount of wealth and is now practically considered royalty as he is the official physician for the Council of the Wise. He is a primary reason for the Golden Age of the Republic and why the Lanagaran Scions continue to be a powerful nation and the reason their military is so advanced.
- Shai Silsi (??? AF - 332 AF??) - Shai Silsi is a legendary Blood Cult Assassin responsible for having killed the Mad King to end the War of Kings. Shai is also known for establishing his own lines of blood sands magic, and his legendary work still resonates as a hero of lore to the people of the Ramal Nations. (See Also: Legend of Shai Silsi)
- Zannanza Aiari (77 AF - 143 AF) - The first Ramaltas of the Sand Seas.
- Saagara Kissa (88 AF - 151 AF) - The Mother of Shuttahepa and first Ramaltas of Shuttuhepa.
- Asahaba Shirat Pavi a.k.a. The Feaster of Shuttuhepa (82 AF - Present) - A renowned Blood Mage hailing from Shuttuhepa, Asahaba is a hero of the city for she alone discovered how to restore the flesh of those whose bodies had been previously warped to monstrosity by Blood Magic. However, the cost is high, and wherever the Feaster wanders, death follows.
- Vras Gahal a.k.a. The Twin Blades - (71 AF - Present) - The reigning Kasentas of Eribaratta, Vras, who was already a local hero, has since become a living legend as he has dueled not once, but twice, with powerful mages of The Cabal, and brought home their heads as trophies.
- Tinishi Ibabi a.k.a. The Little Snake - (80 AF - Present) - Raised as a Blood Cult Assassin, Tinishi is now the sworn bodyguard and retainer of Asahaba Shirat Pavi and accompanies her as she travels the Sand Seas. Young, she has already established a legend around her fighting prowess and skills, her name alone enough to quiet a room, her presence enough to empty it.
Great Forest Tribes
- Isbeil Bruis (969 AF - Present) - Isbeil Bruis is an Bear Shaman and emissary to the City on the Lake from the Forest Tribes. She acts as a close friend and adviser to Tani Taka. Isbeil's command of The Wild is renowned, and her understand of its life altering properties is also what led her to able to force Kha Van Huu to conquer the Reapers and establish the Order.
- The Old Bear (??? - Present) - The Old Bear is a legend of the Forest Tribes, an ancient Bear Shaman said to be as old as the Great Forest itself. The Old Bear is rarely seen, although many quest for a meeting with the primeval figure as a rite of passage or in times of need. After the Cataclysm, many have gone to find the Old Bear, but none have yet succeeded.
- Aranthar Vari a.k.a. Chieftain of the Two Rivers (??? - Present) - Chieftain of the Two Rivers Tribe, located in the north of the Great Forest, Aranthar rules as part of a long lineage of Chieftains of his tribe. He has risen to legend however, when it was discovered that Aranthar is an innate magic user, and used his power to stop the Dark Shaman when he invaded the North in PC 1.
- Zok Ked a.k.a. The River Savior (??? - Present) - A common appearance from the shadows of the forest when a member of the Two Rivers Tribe was in danger to save them, Zok Ked played a major role in the defeat of the Dark Shaman and has become a legend among Wilders in the Great Forest.
- Arzela Hemon a.k.a. The Cold Wind (??? - Present) - An unrecognized Bear Shaman of the north, until the invasion of the Dark Shaman, Arzela defeated the Dark Shaman in battle, by tearing off his limbs in her bear form. She is known for her control of the weather, producing icy chills that can frostbite the skin and freeze the earth.
- Zhuan Zedong a.k.a. The Grinning Tyrant (979 AF - Present) - Zhuan Zedong was a lieutenant governor of the province of Katsu-lan, appointed at a very young age by the ruling prefect for his wit, intelligence, and ambition. However, during the Catalcysm, his mind was inexorably warped, and he has since plied his tactical genius and logistical intelligence in the pursuit of blood lust and conquest.
- Sun Jun a.k.a. The Vampiress (974 AF - Present) - Sun Jun was a concubine, whose miserable story encompassed a life as an orphan, to be eventually sold into service. Since, the Cataclysm, her body was transformed and so did she develop a never ending thirst for human blood, the purpose of which is a mystery. Since, she has used her beauty to infiltrate the cities of Indagar in service of The Reaper.
- Thorgil Moores a.k.a. The Horned Giant (952 AF - Present) - Previously a Wilder from a clan in the southern Great Forest, Thorgill had already been inundated with wild magic. However, during the Cataclysm, Thorgil was caught in a maelstrom of reaper energy, and his mind was forever twisted. Now he is a feared giant, eyeless, horned, and bent on destruction. He wanders the land, sowing chaos.
- Tani Taka a.k.a. Queen of the Lake (970 AF - Present) - Queen of the City on the Lake and heroine of the Legend of the Long Journey to the Lake.
- Kha Van Huu a.k.a. The Grand Master (964 AF - Present) - Current leader of The Order and its original founder. His story began with the Legend of the Long Journey to the Lake.